Looking to turn your passion for teaching into an even better future? If so, a Literacy Education Degree from Manhattanville College in the Purchase area can help you grow personally and jumpstart your career in education. Additionally, it’s never been easier to balance your work life and your education with Manhattanville School of Education’s flexible course schedules. A balanced approach to learning, with equal parts practical and theoretical, is just one factor that makes our programs such a success with graduates. The choice to study at Manhattanville can be one of the best you make all year.
Situated conveniently in Westchester County, an easy 30 minutes from New York City, Manhattanville College enjoys one of the most diverse small campuses in the country. Consistently recognized as a top School of Education, with NCATE accreditation, Manhattanville College in the Purchase area offers the graduate programs for every phase of teaching that can help you advance in your current position or help you successfully change careers. Our courses are also offered in a traditional classroom environment, with small class sizes giving you the best environment in which to study.
Become a specialist in your field at Manhattanville College
Request more information about Manhattanville College and the Literacy Education Degree in the Purchase area you are interested in by phone, online or through social networking.
Our graduates are well prepared for the classroom. Manhattanville College is your solution to effective career advancement. Contact us by phone, by submitting the form above or by filling out an online application today.
In the Literacy department we are committed to helping PK-12 teachers foster optimum literacy achievement in every child. We ground our work in multiple theoretical and research perspectives, with an emphasis on equity and expanding understandings of what it means to be literate across cultures, socioeconomic status and gender.
Our Degree In Literacy in the Purchase area:
- The flexibility to study after your work day is finished
- Three seasonal semester starts (Fall, Spring and Summer) with rolling admissions
- Relevant and working professional faculty with up-to-date classroom expertise
- Networking opportunities with influential faculty, guest speakers and alumni
- Personal attention aimed at promoting the individual success of each student
- Potentially increased earning potential
- Practical career advancement
- Actively work toward changing your career path with our streamlined Jump Start Teacher Certification program